MPhil/PhD Gender and New Media
School of Film, Media and Design
University of West London
MA Gender Studies
School of Sociology and Social Policy
University of Leeds
PgCert in Higher Education
School of Health and Education
Associate Fellow of the Academy
BA Journalism, Media and Cultural Studies
School of Media
First Class Honours
Foundation Degree in Art & Design (Fine Art Strand)
School of Art
MPhil/PhD – Contractual Teaching
University of West London
Graduate Teaching Assistant
Nov 2013 – July 2015
Administrator/Digital Media Assistance
FemGenSex Research Network
Assisting a team of academics, across three schools and across disciplines.
Helping to co-ordinate conferences (two local, two national) and an international symposium.
Lead on “Vocabularies of Active Female Desire” and “The Gendered Politics of Production: Girls and Women as Media Production”
- updating website,
- digitising some old documentary footage,
- editing copy
- creating new logo animation
- creative style guide.
Feb – March 2014
Gender and Language Special Interest Group (GALSIG) – British Association of Applied Linguitics
Freelance design work, working closely with committee members and secretary of GALSIG, a branch of BAAL.
- Creating leaflet and poster designs for a one day symposium, the 7th BAAL Gender and Language Special Interest Group Event (GaLSig) “Gender, Language and the Media”.
Nov 2011 – Oct 2013
Online Communications Officer and Secretary
MDX LGBT Society
Helped to create and uphold a digital strategy and keep the members informed as the society communications officer and secretary.
- Ensured MDX LGBT society had a cross-platform appeal from Twitter, Facebook, email and print.
- That the LGBT society became more established as a community on campus.
- Organised regular weekly meetings with the society, with the Student Union.
- Collectively with my executive commitee organised four major on-campus events and three national prides.
- Our biggest achievement was organising an entry into World Pride 2012.
Sept 2012 – Sept 2013
MDX Film Club
Organised film screenings, discussion forums, social events with members.
- Liaising with union staff for bookings.
- Biggest achievement was successfully staging an extended “Lord of The Rings” trilogy event for the end of term.
May – Aug 2013
Executive Committee member
Red Minies Short Film Festival
Summer project organising a short film festival in conjunction with Middlesex University, Talkies Community Cinema and Palmers Green Festival.
- secretarial duties
- liaising with partners, contributors and judges.
Oct 2012 – July 2013
Editor, Manager & Creator
The Literary Gazette aka MDX Fest – ‘www.mdxfest.com’
Created an online newspaper relating to student-run festivals, Middlesex University and North London. This project changed
- designed a preliminary site,
- edited several articles,
- pitched the site,
- conducted presentations to staff and students.
- Corresponded with contributors
- Promoted the site.
- I stayed on as executive editor from Oct 2013 – Oct 2015, in my role as Graduate Teaching Assistant
July – Nov 2012
Freelance Contributing Journalist
Square’s Circle- ‘www.squarescircle.com’
Online website dedicated to niche news items related to Games, Comics, Movies and Animation, as well as more miscellaneous pieces.
- During my short spell on this online website;
- I submitted 8 pieces; 5 of which were in-keeping with the tone of the website.
- I felt motivated to achieve and adapt particularly due to working in an all-male department.